Sorry about my absence yesterday…it was one of those days that shall not be mentioned again!
Anyway, on to the good stuff. I am a HUGE fan of breakfast, and not only for the morning but for lunch and dinner as well. Here is a little recipe I came up with to make an easy week night dinner that Mike and I both loved. I even had leftovers for breakfast the next day! You can mix this recipe up with different veggies or make it a vegetarian option. There is no way to mess it up. I used what I had on hand but I know the husband would have loved it with some peppers in it as well! If you’re making this for dinner I highly recommend serving it with a Mimosa on the side because after a crazy day at the office it is nice to come home to a little champagne! Enjoy!
Turkey Sausage Egg Scramble
- One cup Jimmy Dean Hearty Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- Six eggs; beaten(I added a little milk to make them delish)
- Two cups diced potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Veggies of your choice
- Pepper to taste
- Add oil to pan and heat over medium heat
- Add Potatoes and Onions to oiled pan and cook until potatoes are brown and onions are translucent
- Add sausage to skillet to warm up(it is pre-cooked)
- Add beaten eggs to skillet and begin to move the spatula along the bottom of the pan just like scrambling eggs.
- When the eggs are set add pepper and serve
- You can top with cheese or anything you’d like
- Serve with fresh fruit and a Mimosa
|Sausage, Onions and potatoes in skillet prior to adding eggs|
|Eggs added to cooked potatoes, sausage and onions|