This week I whipped up a quick chicken pot pie that I derived from this Campbell’s Recipe. I changed a couple of things but I mainly just did that to make this an easier and lazier dish. Chicken pot pie is ALWAYS a hit in my house as it is one of my ultimate comfort foods. I made it idiot proof by using pre-made pie crusts and a rotisserie chicken making this one of the easiest meals in my arsenal!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- One can Reduced Sodium Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 & 1/2 cups of chopped or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup Milk
- One 12 oz. package of frozen mixed vegetables
- Two Pillsbury pre-made pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Spread one pie crust in the bottom of a pie plate.
- Add frozen veggies and chicken
- In a small mixing bowl, mix soup and milk together and pour on top of veggies and chicken.
- Add top pie crust, score crust with fork and cut steam escaping holes.
- MOST IMPORTANT STEP: make a ring to go around your crust with foil, this will keep it from burning the crust during baking.
- Bake for 30-40 min removing the foil in the last 10 minutes of cooking. Crust will be golden brown