Sunday night I was craving mexican and I remembered seeing a recipe for chicken enchiladas on the side of a can of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken soup! However I looked at the recipe and I did not have all of the necessary ingredients so I just used it as a reference and did my own thing! It turned out delicious with Mike saying that I could make it anytime I wanted to! Here you go…
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- One can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken soup
- One can Rotel (I used the traditional) do not drain
- 6 flour tortillas (I used Tumaro’s Tortillas 60 cal version)
- 2 teaspoons of Chili powder
- 2 cups of shredded or chopped chicken(I used rotisserie without the skin)
- 1 cup shredded 4 cheese Mexican blend cheese
- One cup red enchilada sauce(you can make your own or buy it, I used Chipotle Enchilada sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the soup, chili powder and can of Rotel to a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the chicken and the cheese to soup mixture and then mix together well.
- Fill each tortilla and fold and place seam side down in a large baking dish, 9×13 in size.
- Pour the enchilada sauce on the top of the rolled tortillas. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and add the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese to the sauce and bake uncovered 10 minutes.
- Let the enchiladas sit in the pan for at least 5 minutes so it is easier to get them out of the pan!
- Top with sour cream and green onion if you would like and serve with Spanish rice and veggies!