I thought it was high time I started using this fabulous Ninja more often! I was super excited to get one when we got married as I love making smoothies, frozen drinks and salsa. I have used it to make all three and they were super easy and quick so I am loving the Ninja thus far.
When I first opened the box of the system I found a recipe book showcasing exactly what you could make with this thing. Needless to say I was super excited to see that it could be used to make bread/dough. I watched a few of the online videos about how easy it was and lets just say that I was skeptical…but it was amazingly easy and painless! I decided I would use the pizza dough recipe provided by Ninja and it turned out great! I cannot wait to experiment more with this recipe and add my own twist to it.
- 2/3 cups warm water (105 to 110 degrees F)
- 1/4 teaspoon of active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place yeast, salt, sugar and water in blender and Pulse for 10 seconds.
- Add the oil and flour 1 cup at a time, pulsing until dough is smooth and in a ball.
- Transfer dough to lightly oiled bowl and cover with towel to let rise(about one hour).
- Spread on pan the best you can! This is tricky and I need to practice! This much dough can be used to make a medium thick crust or a large thin crust pizza!
- Cover with pizza sauce.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as cheese along with meat and veggies and bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes
This is my favorite picture of this whole experiment…look who was creeping down there!
One thought on “Homemade Pizza Dough”
yum!! Once I'm off my diet (or i want my cheat night) I'll make this!
The Style Scribe