Unless you were hiding under a rock you probably tuned into the Super Bowl last night! We of course did even though we are the opposite of NFL fans. This is the south and there is only one type of football and that’s SEC! Anyway, we have hosted SB parties before and were invited to a couple but we decided to stay at home and have our own little party. I whipped up some fresh salsa , French onion dip and cocktail weenies. Mike made chicken wings which were phenomenal and since I wanted something sweet I decided to try something a little different. I have been seeing different recipes for Cake Batter Cookies all over the web and I settled on working around this recipe. I did tweak it a bit and I think that made all of the difference! These were amazingly delicious and tasted like a cookie, cake and a brownie all in one. They would make the most fabulous whoopie pies! You can customize these anyway you want by adding nuts, candy or chocolate chips. I decided to make them plain since this was my first time. These are an easy and inexpensive homemade dessert anyone will love!
- One box of cake mix; any flavor(I used double fudge)
- One egg
- 1/2 Cup softened butter
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Beat together all ingredients with an electric mixer in a large bowl(this mixture will be super sticky)
- Use a melon baller to drop 2 inch balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-9 minutes and remove from oven. Let cookies cool on pan for 2 minutes and then move to rack.