Okay since it’s practically Spring now(on the calendar, not really outside yet) I am offering up a lighter recipe for those of you(and me) that are shedding for Summer! This is one of our favorite recipes as you can customize it with what you have in your fridge and pantry and it’s quick with minimal cleanup! To me that’s the trifecta of a great recipe. I usually serve this recipe with a side of rice. I used catfish for this recipe as it’s pretty easy to get the good stuff here in Mississippi! You can use any white fish I just want to stress how important it is to buy products grown in the USA or fresh caught off of our own coasts!
Easy Fish Packets
- Fresh fish fillets(2)
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1T Greek seasoning
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- One sweet onion cut in rings
- Aluminum foil
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Cut a 12 in piece of foil and lay one cup of spinach on the bottom
- Lay your fish fillet on top of the spinach
- Season your fish with half of the Greek seasoning
- Sprinkle one teaspoon of oil on top of fish and spinach
- Add the tomatoes and the onions
- Close up the packet and put on top of a cookie sheet with the folded side of the packet facing up to allow some steam to escape.
- Prep your other packet and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Your fish should be cooked through and it should be flaky.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy!