I wanted to try something a little different when I decided to whip up this easy pork loin roast last week. This recipe was seriously so easy and delicious. I love just throwing ingredients I have together and seeing what happens and this is exactly what I did! All you need is a 2-3 lb pork loin roast, two sweet potatoes, one large onion and some ranch powder to make a flavorful and easy weeknight dinner. I served mine with a side salad and a glass of red wine!
Ranch Pork Loin with Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon ranch dressing powder(store bought or use this recipe for a healthier, homemade version)
- 2-3 lb pork roast
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cut and quartered
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 3/4 cup of water
- Garlic powder to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Heat up a cast iron skillet to med-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and allow the pan to heat up! DO NOT grab the handle with your bare hand(speaking from experience).
- Season pork loin with garlic and onion powder. Rub it into the meat on all sides.
- Brown the meat for 1 minute on each side until the sides are brown.
- Remove pork loin from skillet and add to 9×13 baking dish.
- Add onion, potatoes and 3/4 cup of water. Sprinkle ranch powder all over.
- Place the pan in the oven uncovered and bake for around 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it.