- 2 Tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 cups cooked and drained black eyed peas
- 3/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock(reduced sodium)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet fry 3 slices of center cooked bacon. Remove bacon (crumble to use on a salad or something later or you can just eat it).
- While you’re frying the bacon cook the one cup of rice in a rice cooker or on the stove.
- After the bacon is removed, saute the onion in the bacon drippings for about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and cooked rice until heated through and add the chicken stock and stir
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Sorry for my absence these past few days! It seems that if you travel for 9 days straight in cars and on planes and are around thousands of people you have a really good chance of getting sick! I am feeling better and am back with a recipe I prepared on New Years Day!
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 large onion; chopped
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 3 bunches collard greens; cut
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Add bacon to pan heated to Med/High and fry until crisp. Remove bacon and crumble.
- While bacon is frying, chop and wash greens. I used my salad spinner to get them clean and dry.
- Add onion to pan that bacon was cooked in. Sautee for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add: chicken broth, water, salt and peper and the bacon back to the pan. Heat up for about 3 minutes.
- Add clean greens to Crock Pot and top with mixture from the bacon pan.
- Cook all day(8-10) hours on Low. The greens will cook way down in the pot!
Today is the last day of 2013. It is hard to believe that 365 days has passed since we welcomed this year! With that said, I want to share some of my favorites for the past year with you! When I think back on 2013 I will smile since I have had quite an amazing year! In 2013 I got married, became a certified Pilates instructor and traveled quite a bit. I have gotten to know myself a whole lot more and have started treating myself with respect and dignity and I hope you have as well! Here are some of my favorite things/experiences in 2013…
|Our 2013 Christmas Card!|
At Christmastime, or any time of year for that matter, a front door decoration is a great way to show your personality. Think about it, the first time someone shows up on your doorstep you have an opportunity to show them your style without even inviting them in. Personally, I think front door decoration is a must and it should change with every holiday and occasion. Since it is Christmas I am sharing some wreath inspiration pics that I have found that would look amazing on your front door and would welcome any friend or family member to your home!
Today I wanted to share some Christmas tree decor inspiration pics. I love looking at pictures of holiday decor on the web and getting ideas for my home. There are tons of ideas for trees out there and I have included everything from whimsical to more traditional. I tend to stay on the traditional side with decorating however these make me want to try something a bit more funky! I hope these ideas spur something creative in you when it comes to decorating your tree this year!